Each year, Facebook reviews the moments, events and trends that people shared and talked most about. What are the top moments, topics and live videos globally on Facebook this year?
It’s no surprise that the US Election took the top seat for the second year in a row, with Pokemon Go, the Olympics, Black Lives Matter and Muhammed Ali coming in close behind as the most talked about topics this year.
“As the year comes to a close, we are taking a look back at the people, places, events and moments that moved us in 2016. We’re highlighting the most talked-about global topics on Facebook throughout the past year, as well as a list of the top ten Live videos by cumulative views. We’ve created a video that tells the story of this year. We’re also giving people a way to highlight their own meaningful moments of the past year with a personalized video that they can edit and share with family and friends,” shared Sandhya Devanathan, Facebook’s Country Director for Singapore.
Here is Facebook’s global topics list for this year:
- US Presidential Election
- Brazilian Politics
- Pokemon Go
- Black Lives Matter
- Rodrigo Duterte & Philippine Presidential Election
- Super Bowl
- David Bowie
- Muhammad Ali
Facebook Live became available to everyone in April this year. As such, Facebook also shared a list of the top ten global Facebook Live videos, with everyone’s favourite Star Wars fan topping the list:
1. Candace Payne, Chewbacca Mom
2.Ted Yoder, Soundscapes
3. Buzzfeed, Countdown to the next presidential election
4. Atlanta Buzz, People are lining up to hug police officers in Dallas
5. NBC News, Election results
6. Under the Hood, Video of a truck completely carved out of wood
7. Viral Thread, Population count from US to CA
9. Dena Blizzard, Pokemon Go for moms “Chardonnay Go”
10. Super Deluxe, Election map