On November 10, ESET has launched version 10 of its premium line of security solutions for home users. ESET Smart Security Premium is built upon the award-winning NOD32 technology that offers the optimal mix of detection, speed, and usability. In addition, the new product provides features including ESET Password Manager for easier and safer authentication, as well as ESET Secure Data for convenient and strong encryption.
Besides ESET Smart Security Premium, users will also be able to enjoy the brand new ESET Internet Security. For gamers, the exceptionally well-received ESET NOD32 Antivirus 10 remains the ideal suite with enhanced protection against script-based attacks.
With the new line of products, ESET highlights the need for privacy when operating PCs and laptops. ESET Webcam Protection – available with both ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Internet Security – regulates access to the camera so the end user is fully protected. Consumers will be able to monitor, block or allow processes and applications attempting to access the webcam, and switch off the computer’s camera as needed.
The ESET Smart Security Premium and Internet Security product portfolio for home users also includes many established features such as Banking & Payment Protection, Anti-spyware, Anti-Phishing, Exploit Blocker, advanced Personal Firewall, and the ESET LiveGrid Reputation System.
ESET is also consistently successful in independent tests, having received 98 prestigious VB100 awards for its NOD32 antivirus technology, by far the most received by one product. Recently, ESET Smart Security 9 was certified as the only security solution with 100% protection among all products in SE Labs’ Home Anti-Malware Protection test and received the highest score in the AV-Comparatives’ Performance Test across all tested internet security products. ESET was also found to be the undisputed No.1 in Spam Protection, dominating the VBSpam Test and AV-Comparatives Anti-Spam Test.
New in ESET version 10
• Webcam Protection is a feature that controls processes and applications that access computer connected web cameras and displays notifications when unwanted applications try to access the camera.
• ESET Password Manager employs AES‑256 encryption – the world’s leading standard – to store and pre-fill all users’ passwords. It also generates and stores extra-strong new passwords each time the user needs one.
• ESET Secure Data protects against data theft in the event of USB-key or laptop loss and allows for secure collaboration and data sharing.
• Home Network Protection enables users to test home routers vulnerabilities, such as out-of-date firmware and offers them options for remediation. It also provides an easy-to-access list of connected devices, with devices categorized by type and shows who’s connected. This helps users see how safe their home networks are.
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus US$20 – 1 user for 1 year
- ESET Internet Security US$30 – 1 user for 1 year
- ESET Smart Security Premium US$50 – 1 user for 1 year
- ESET Multi-Device Security Pack US$50 / US$70 – 3 users for 1 year / 5 users for 1 year
Since 1987, ESET® has been developing award-winning security software that now helps over 100 million users to Enjoy Safer Technology. Its broad security product portfolio covers all popular platforms and provides businesses and consumers around the world with the perfect balance of performance and proactive protection. The company has a global sales network covering 180 countries, and regional offices in Bratislava, San Diego, Singapore and Buenos Aires. For more information visit www.eset.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.