Earlier this month on 3 Feb, cognac brand LOUIS XIII launched “The Quest for a Legend”, a worldwide search for the rarest LOUIS XIII decanter on earth. The Quest will scour the globe in pursuit of this hidden treasure and the search for the rarest decanter in Singapore, Malaysia, India and the Philippines.
Created in Cognac in 1874, LOUIS XIII spread its footprint worldwide over the years. The first few decanters crossed the borders of Europe and set sail for the United States in 1876. In 1881, the fine French elixir reached the shores of Asia to be savoured throughout the region, from China and Hong Kong to Singapore. LOUIS XIII has continued its journey around the globe since.
[image_slider link=”https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7414/16306589429_1029aeb576_b.jpg” source=”https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7414/16306589429_1029aeb576_b.jpg”] Singapore [/image_slider]
[image_slider link=”https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8594/16491116491_e46b949549_b.jpg” source=”https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8594/16491116491_e46b949549_b.jpg”] Manila [/image_slider]
[image_slider link=”https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8629/16305420930_907c6ab955_b.jpg” source=”https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8629/16305420930_907c6ab955_b.jpg”] Penang [/image_slider]
The “Quest for a Legend” will start in Asia, commencing first in Singapore, Malaysia, India and the Philippines; thereafter it will continue its search in other parts of the world.
The Quest will also will be supported by the hashtags #QuestforaLegend and #LOUISXIII on social media.
The “Quest for a Legend” seeks to find hidden decanters of distinctive value across the globe; the rarest LOUIS XIII decanter in existence, the most unique and best preserved. It might be stored in a cellar in London, locked in a French chateau, stowed on a distant island or located in a penthouse in Singapore. Whether it is an heirloom, a cherished memento or an acquisition from an auction, each decanter possesses its own story and holds dear to each of its owner.
As such, the house of LOUIS XIII invites private collectors in Singapore, Malaysia, India and the Philippines to unveil their treasures in the first ever quest to discover gems from its own legacy. LOUIS XIII collectors in Singapore who believe they are in possession of the rarest LOUIS XIII decanter are encouraged to send details and photos of their LOUIS XIII bottle via SMS Text, Whatsapp or to the local Rémy Martin office. Entries can also be submitted online.
The owners of the rarest decanter found in Singapore, Malaysia, India and the Philippines will win the grand prize of a visit to the Rémy Martin Estate in Cognac, France.
If you a collector, this must be amazing news! Good luck joining the quest and hopefully, your bottle can win the top prize for you.
For me, I am happy sampling a glass of a LOUIS XIII, aged for over 100 years:
A bottle like this would go for between US$4,000 to $5,000 on the market. This must be the most expensive sip I have taken!
“The ‘Quest for a Legend’, offers LOUIS XIII fans and collectors the chance to be part of the brand’s history. It is a chance to unite devotees of legacy, craftsmanship, beauty, history, adventure and legend. This Quest is not a race against time, it is time itself that we are after,” said Ludovic du Plessis, Global Executive Director of LOUIS XIII.
“We are proud to be the first region to lead the ‘Quest for a Legend’, in search of the rarest and most unique decanter. LOUIS XIII set foot on the shores of Singapore, Calcutta and Penang in 1881 and by 1883 it had reached Manila” added Christophe Bourrie, Regional Director (SEA, India and Middle East) of LOUIS XIII.
Launched 140 years ago by Paul Émile Rémy Martin, LOUIS XIII is a timeless legacy, passed down from cellar master to cellar master – a true legend. A symbol of French excellence, it has been featured in major historical events and enjoyed by the great legendary figures of both past and present centuries. Presented at the World’s Fair in Paris in 1900, the King of Cognac travelled on the maiden journey of the celebrated Orient Express and the luxury ocean liner Normandie bound for the United States. Since the late 19th century, it has been the prestigious cognac of choice at great royal courts, from the Tsar of Russia to the Court of Siam, consecrating it as the true cognac of kings.
The famous crystal decanter that holds this blend of precious 1,200 eaux-de-vie, aged from 40 up to one hundred years, was inspired by a metal flask lost in 1569 on the battlefield of Jarnac. It was found some 300 years later near the vines of Cognac.
- Contest entry period is between 3 February 2015 and 31 March 2015
- To enter the competition, participants in the competition must send photos of their unopened LOUIS XIII bottle via SMS Text, Whatsapp or to the local Rémy Martin office. Entries can also be
submitted online at www.louisxiii-cognac.com
- Participants need to provide their full name, age, ID, contact information, nationality and details on
how they obtained the bottle of LOUIS XIII
- Participants can submit more than one bottle
- The LOUIS XIII team will follow up with each submission individually
- The winner will be chosen by and expert committee who will assess each bottle with a set criteria
- Rémy Cointreau International (RCI) reserves the right to make the final decision
Terms & conditions
- Must be the legal owner of the bottle
- Must be citizens or residents of the participating countries in SEAMI
- Must be 18 years and above, 25 years of age for India
- Must agree to absolve LOUIS XIII/RCI from any liability with regard to handling of the entry bottle
- The bottle must be unopened, with at least 50% of original liquid (this will be verified by RCI and
the House of Rémy Martin)
- The prize is a trip to the Rémy Martin Estate in Cognac, France which includes:
- Two return Business class air tickets
- Two first class return train tickets between Paris and Angouleme
- Car pick up transfer to the Estate
- A hosted lunch at the Estate
- Guided Tour of the Estate, grounds, cellars and distillery
- A tasting of LOUIS XIII and Dinner
- One night’s accommodation in Cognac
- Full terms and conditions
Contact details for the Rémy Martin offices in each of the Countries:
SMS/MMS or WhatsApp Messenger to: (+91)8800366868 Email to: [email protected]
Address: Remy Cointreau India Pvt Ltd
￼202-203, Block 4A, DLF Corporate Park
￼MG Road, Gurgaon – 122002,
SMS/MMS or WhatsApp Messenger to: +6011-3302 7268 Email to: [email protected]
Address: REMY COINTREAU International Pte Ltd
Malaysia Representative Office
PJ8 Office Suites, B-3-3A, 3rd floor, Block B West,
No.23 Jalan Barat, Seksten 8, 46050 Petaling Jaya, Selangor D.E Malaysia
SMS/MMS or WhatsApp Messenger to: +63920-915-5443
Email to: [email protected]
Address: Future Trade International
8014 Km, 18 West Service Road
Marcelo Green Village, Sucat Paranaque City, 1700
SMS/MMS or WhatsApp Messenger to: +65 9711 1502
Email to: [email protected]
Address: REMY COINTREAU International Pte Ltd 152 Beach Road #33-01/04 Gateway East Singapore 189721