Karyn Cheong | Jun 14, 2018 | 0
Roomorama Recommendations for 2013 Top Destinations
Home-grown online booking platform for peer-to-peer short-term home rentals, Roomorama.com, turns four this year, catering to the traveling needs of casual travelers and business professionals worldwide since its launch.
Roomorama.com now has an inventory of over 70,000 properties in more than 5,000 destinations globally, ranging from apartments to villas, cave houses, designer properties and even castles.
I attended their anniversary celebration some time back and here is a list of Roomorama.com‘s top five travel destinations for 2013, paired with respective home rentals available on their website (image and text provided by Roomorama.com):
1) Sri Lanka – After being beaten badly by tsunami and a 25-year long civil war, Sri Lanka is finally opening its doors to tourist. 2013 is the best time to visit Sri Lanka since it is still relatively unexplored with many beautiful seaside destinations like Kandy.
Designed by a renowned Australian architect, this luxurious four bedroom beachfront villa is located just seven kilometres from the historic Gaelle in Sri Lanka. With its large living and dining area, the villa opens onto a broad terrace and an infinity pool that overlooks a spectacular ocean view. The beautiful beach villa can house up to eight guests with its four bedrooms and bathrooms and is available for USD 800 per night.
2) Lombok Indonesia – This was Bali before it became overrun by tourists and traffic. Lombok is idyllic, still relatively untouched and is also considered as a surfer’s paradise.
This luxurious two-bedroom villa has an open concept of living and has its privacy with a beautiful landscaped garden. It also has a swimming pool specially designed for families during their visits with parents and children. The villa is available at USD 132 per night.
3) Croatia – Croatia has some 5,835 kilometers of coastline coupled with Mediterranean-style culture and food, not to mention plenty of historical interest. It has seven UNESCO world heritage sites plus beautiful shorelines with fresh seafood.
Newly refurbished in 2010, this five bedroom villa has an impressive master bedroom with an area where guest can relax and have some down time.
Furnished with a Sony plasma television, en-suite bathroom and a newly fitted kitchen, guests can also enjoy a full set of gym equipment, steam room, Jacuzzi at USD 1,225 per night.
4) ￼￼Istanbul, Turkey – A rich historical land with the best cuisine, Istanbul is a beautiful city that has a unique blend of both East and West architecture. Another reason to visit would be the markets ￼and the exuberant night life.
Just at the heart of Istanbul, this modern apartment is just five minutes of walking distance to the nearest public transportation, restaurants, shops, theatres and the nightlife. It is equipped with a one bathroom en-suite, a Jacuzzi, a living room and dining area which has been fully furnished guest would be able to stay in comfort.
Housing up to six guests or more, this great apartment comes with a breath-taking Bosporus sea view and is available for USD 153 per night.
5) ￼￼Chamonix, the French Alps – Forget St Moritz. For equal, if not better slopes, Chamonix is ￼cheaper and less pretentious. It is easy to get to by car, as the highway exits right into the city of Chamonix. Chamonix is also a great place for the entire family, as it has great skiing for the
With its natural setting and typical regional architecture, the chalet is able to offer skiing holidays in a magnificent setting, overlooking Mount Blanc. Guests would be able to experience the full view of the mountain Alps and will enjoy being surrounded by nature at this chalet located in Chamonix.
The chalet is able to house up to 12 guest and has a sauna, Jacuzzi and massage room. The Les Rives D’Argentiere chalet is available at USD 1,775 per night.