ViewQwest announces the launch of SecureNet for homes and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Singapore. SecureNet is Southeast Asia’s first consumer broadband with built-in security powered by Palo Alto Networks, the global cybersecurity leader.
As more families and small businesses spend time online at the comforts of their homes, hackers have been doubling down on their efforts to infiltrate home networks and attempt to steal valuable personal data via phishing. Whilst families and SMEs may attempt to protect their privacy by installing cybersecurity solutions, it is often too difficult and troublesome for many, especially the less tech-savvy. The problem is exacerbated by the rise of connected devices like home security cameras, which do not have built-in security.
Block Cybersecurity Threats
SecureNet is designed to act as the household’s first line of defence against cybersecurity threats such as malware, adware, spyware, phishing, and system vulnerabilities.
Routing network traffic through the Palo Alto Networks machine learning-powered Next-Generation Firewall, SecureNet automatically scans the entire network for known and unknown file and web-based threats, and has three main threat prevention measures to deal with them:
- Antivirus – detects viruses and malware found in executable programmes and files
- Anti-spyware – detects spyware on infected devices that are collecting data without the user’s consent
- Vulnerability protection – detects system flaws that an attacker might attempt to exploit or abuse
The scanning, detecting, preventing, and protection measures all happen automatically and simultaneously throughout the entire network, without compromising on performance. This helps ensure that the threat do not spread to the network and potentially infect other devices.
Customisable Threat Protection
Users can also choose amongst levels of protection depending on their preference.
Additionally, the Essential, Enhanced and Max levels block different types of URLs which contain malicious content or traffic.
- Essential level URL filtering – blocks sites which contain malware, command and control, and phishing
- Enhanced level URL filtering – in addition to blocking sites from the Basic level, also blocks sites with adult content, drug abuse, copyright infringement, extremism, gambling, grayware, newly registered domains, parked, questionable content, and weapons
- Max level URL filtering – in addition to blocking sites from the Basic and Advanced levels, also blocks sites with proxy avoidance and anonymisers as well as unknown websites
Families and SMEs who are subscribed to SecureNet will receive two security reports weekly, which will indicate all the threats that SecureNet has identified and the preventive measures executed.
Pricing and availability
Current ViewQwest customers can subscribe to SecureNet at an additional $5.99 and $16 per month for home and SME customers respectively.
For new ViewQwest customers:
- Broadband plans with SecureNet starts from $29.90 per month for home users
- Broadband plans with SecureNet starts from $96.00 per month for SMEs/office users
Lastly, for a limited period, new and current customers subscribed to ViewQwest at home will receive SecureNet free of charge for the first three months.