24-hour guide for a fun and engaging day at Jewel Changi Airport [with awesome perks inside]
At Changi Airport, visitors can enjoy numerous activities and dining options at any time of the day. There’s no need to zip around Singapore to find activities to do; Changi Airport is the perfect go-to place for the inhabitants of the city that never sleeps.
Changi Airport visitors can now enjoy the following perks over the weekends of 5-7 July and 11-13 July:
- Double GST absorption at 58 participating retail outlets across Changi Airport
- Redemption of a $10 Return Voucher/eVoucher with a minimum spend of $70 in a maximum of 1 receipt over the weekend of 5-6 July (limited to the first 70 shoppers per outlet at 58 retail outlets)
- Redemption of $10 Grab Promo Codes with a minimum spend of $70 in a maximum of 1 receipt over the weekend of 11-13 July (limited to the first 100 redemptions)
Here is a 24-hour guide to a fun and engaging day at Changi Airport:
1. Start the day with a local experience every Singaporean is familiar with: early morning breakfast at Yakun/Yakun Family Café. Conveniently located in Terminals 2 and 3, Yakun’s famous traditional kaya toast served with soft boiled eggs and a cup of tradition hot tea/coffee is the perfect note to start the day on.
2. The beautiful Arrival Garden at Terminal 1 welcomes visitors with a splash of colour and life. Filled with lush, natural greenery, it provides a unique outdoor experience away from the heat outside.
3. Changi Airport is filled with art. From its iconic Kinectic Rain sculpture in Terminal 1 to floral-inspired art installations at Terminal 3, art lovers will have a field day journeying through Changi Airport and marvelling at these artworks.
4. Visit the two-storey Footlocker store at Changi Airport – the biggest outlet in Singapore. Ladies can even take a breather from retail therapy here and get a manicure in-store before snapping some selfies at the selfie mirror.
5. Jewel Changi Airport is home to the first permanent Pokemon Centre in Asia outside Japan. At the Pokemon Centre, shoppers can choose from a range of original merchandise created exclusively for Pokemon, including plush toys, stationery, video games and more.
6. Visit the very first “Don Don Donki Sweet Potato Factory” at Terminal 3, where baked signature sweet potato snacks will be available here (operates 24/7).
7. Get those afternoon tea cravings sorted at the highly popular Lavender Bakery, finally open at Changi Airport. Using Japanese and French pastry making techniques, the bakery creates premium quality desserts and baked goods that delight the senses.
8. Take a slower afternoon down at ST3PS, an event atrium with a myriad of exciting offerings such as movie marathons, live performances and football matches. With live performances on weekends by local artists, free movie screenings and live sports telecasts.
9. Spend the perfect afternoon gaming at ZONE X, offering arcade games that will delight people of all ages.
10. With the highly popular Shake Shack finally arriving for the first time in Southeast Asia, right at Jewel Changi Airport, treat those dinner cravings with the store’s all-natural Angus beef burgers, flat-top beef dogs, frozen custard, crinkle cut fries, craft beer, and more.
11. Marvel at the world’s tallest indoor waterfall right in the heart of Jewel. The HSBC Rain Vortex sets the stage nightly with a mesmerising Light & Sound show from 8:30 PM to 12:30 AM, running at hourly intervals.
12. Catch the sunset at viewing galleries located throughout the terminals. Popular with aviation enthusiasts and plane spotters, the Viewing Malls in Terminals 1, 2 and 3 allow visitors to observe aircraft and Changi Airport’s ground operations on the tarmac.
13. With the day drawing to an end, enjoy the night with a cold beer at Tiger Street Lab. Tiger Street Lab is Tiger’s first curated experience for locals and tourists alike, bringing to life ideas such as unique beer flavours and customised merchandise.
14. Refresh, relax, and rejuvenate at Asia’s first YOTELAIR at Jewel. Dubbed “the layover of dreams” by Travel + Leisure magazine, Changi Airport now allows travellers to freshen up or bed down for anything from a matter of hours to overnight.
Looking for more places to visit? Here are tips and tricks for the best Jewel Changi Airport experience that will leave you entertained for hours.