Apple announces Apple TV+, featuring exclusive original shows, movies and documentaries, coming this fall. Apple states that the Apple TV+ will feature a brand-new slate of programming from the world’s most celebrated creative artists, including Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Octavia Spencer, J.J. Abrams, Jason Momoa, M. Night Shyamalan, Jon M. Chu, and more.
On the Apple TV app, subscribers will enjoy inspiring and authentic stories with emotional depth and compelling characters from all walks of life, ad-free and on demand.
Moreover, Apple debuted the all-new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels coming in May 2019. Users can subscribe to and watch new Apple TV channels all on demand, available on and offline, with incredible picture quality and sound; enjoy all their favourite channels, movies, and TV shows all within the new, personalised Apple TV app.
Beginning in May, customers can subscribe to Apple TV channels and watch them in the Apple TV app, with no additional apps, accounts or passwords required.
The new Apple TV app personalises what viewers love to watch across their existing apps and services while developing a secure and comprehensive understanding of users’ viewing interests. The app will offer suggestions for shows and movies from over 150 streaming apps, including Amazon Prime and Hulu, as well as pay-TV services such as Canal+, Charter Spectrum, DIRECTV NOW and PlayStation Vue. Optimum and Suddenlink from Altice will be added later this year.
Additionally, the Apple TV app will become the new home to the hundreds of thousands of movies and TV shows currently available for purchase or rent in the iTunes Store.
- Pricing and availability for the Apple TV app video subscription service will be announced later this fall.
- The all-new Apple TV app is coming to iPhone, iPad and Apple TV customers in over 100 countries with a free software update this May, and to Mac this fall.
- Through Family Sharing, users can share Apple TV app and subscriptions to Apple TV channels.
- The Apple TV app will be available on Samsung smart TVs beginning this spring and on Amazon Fire TV, LG, Roku, Sony and VIZIO platforms in the future.
- Later this year, customers with eligible VIZIO, Samsung, LG and Sony smart TVs will be able to effortlessly play videos and other content from their iPhone or iPad directly to their smart TVs with AirPlay 2 support.
Network and streaming app availability may vary by country.