Caren Foo | Jul 15, 2018 | 0
Nespresso has opened an its fourth boutique with a unique concept at VivoCity!
On World Environment Day, Nespresso announces the opening of an innovative, sustainability-focused boutique concept at VivoCity, its fourth boutique in Singapore and one of the first in the region. The new Nespresso VivoCity boutique surrounds guests in an immersive coffee experience allowing for deeper learning and coffee exploration. Throughout the boutique, visitors will experience elements that reflect Nespresso’s deep commitment to sustainability and adherence to a circular economy.
COFFEE MEETS SUSTAINABILITY
The new Nespresso boutique is a true celebration of coffee and sustainability. The carefully thought out design of the boutique aims to draw the connection to coffee and its origins. The new concept also demonstrates Nespresso’s commitment to sustainability with elements such as table-tops made from used coffee grounds, shelves made using recycled aluminium and wood that has been 100% sourced from reforestation programmes.
Highlights of the new sustainable Nespresso boutique concept at VivoCity include:
- Table tops made from real coffee grounds from the Nespresso factory in Switzerland. A brand new material that did not exist before.
- Lamps inspired by the lamps used on coffee bean sorting tables. These lamps are crucial in the green coffee bean selection process to ensure quality and consistency of the final coffee.
- All wooden elements are made only from FSC certified reforested wood.
- Metal partitions and shelves are made out of recycled aluminium capsules.
Related Post: Tokyo, Chiang Mai & Ipoh feature in Lonely Planet’s Global Coffee Tour as Asia’s Top 3 Coffee Towns!
SHOWCASING THE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES OF RECYCLED ALUMINIUM
The new boutique at VivoCity will also display sustainable artworks through the month of June from two prominent local artists, Chee Sau Fen, Heads of State Millinery, and Elaine Tan, Amado Gudek. Through the artworks, which feature recycled aluminium coffee capsules as a focal element, Nespresso inspires coffee lovers to recycle by showcasing the endless possibilities of a used Nespresso capsule.
A SENSORIAL AND IMMERSIVE COFFEE EXPERIENCE
The new Nespresso VivoCity boutique offers a fully immersive shopping experience to discover the Nespresso coffee world in a new, enhanced way.
– Sensorial & Educational Coffee Experience for guests who want to expand their coffee knowledge even further. Beyond discovering their taste preferences from the full range of 24 coffees, guests can experiment with coffee recipes and personalise their coffee experience through the different Nespresso machines. From coffees with the perfect milk froth to unique coffee creations, guests will learn how to expertly elevate their usual coffee moments at home to one that is extraordinary.
– Coffee Masterclasses The boutique will host an on-going series of masterclasses – special sessions for those who want to become true coffee connoisseurs. From July 2018, guests will be able to book available classes for an interactive session to develop their coffee expertise and knowledge – from the bean right through to the finished cup. Classes follow a specially crafted programme focused on different elements of the coffee making process, everything from coffee appreciation to trying your hand at creating different coffee recipes.
STRENGTHENING NESPRESSO’S PARTNERSHIP WITH THE FOOD BANK SINGAPORE
World Environment Day also marks the renewal and enhancement of Nespresso’s partnership with The Food Bank Singapore. Launched in 2017, each time a Nespresso Club Member recycles their used coffee capsules, they provide approximately one meal to a beneficiary within The Food Bank Singapore’s network. Named the Nespresso x The Food Bank Singapore Healthy Food Bundle programme, the initiative proves that collectively, our recycling efforts can have big impact.
In the first year of the partnership, through the help of Club Members, Nespresso successfully donated 30,000 meals to The Food Bank Singapore’s beneficiaries. This year, the opportunity will be extended to also include Nespresso Professional partners. Thus, Nespresso has doubled the commitment, with the ambition to donate approximately 60,000 meals to The Food bank Singapore across the partnership’s second year.
Guests are invited to discover the new Nespresso VivoCity boutique at 1 Harbourfront Walk, Level 1, Units 204-206, VivoCity, Singapore 098585, which opens to public from 6 June 2018.
The contemporary space spans 134 square metres.